Last Updated 3/3/98
- By Author
- Dunlevy, Mairead. 1990. Dress in Ireland. New York : Holmes & Meier, Publishers, Inc. ISBN 0841912696.
- Hald, Margrethe. 1980. Ancient Danish textiles from bogs and burials : a comparative study of costume and Iron Age textiles. Denmark : National Museum of Denmark. (Publications of the National Museum. Archaeological-Historical Series, vol. 21) ISBN 8748003123.
- Heath, Ian. 1993. The Irish Wars 1485-1603 (Men-At-Arms, No 256). Osprey Pub Co. ISBN 1855322803.
- McClintock, H. F. 1943. Old Irish and Highland dress; with notes on that of the Isle of Man. Dundalk [Ire.] W. Tempest, Dundalgan press.
- Norlund, Poul. 1924. "Buried Norsemen at Herjolfsnes : An Archaeological and Historical Study" Meddelelser om Gronland 67: 1-270.
- Wijnand van der Sanden. "Vereeuwigd in het veen." Silkeborg Museum, Denmark. Published by De Bataafsche Leeuw in Amsterdam
- By Title
- The Barbarians
- "Women's Garb in Northern Europe 450-1000 CE." The Complete Anachronist #59
- The dress found in the bog near/at Huldremose
- Archeological Sites: Huldremose (Denmark), Le Tene, Herjolfness(Greenland)
- I would be delighted to send what I have compiled [a copy of the Huldromose and the Shinrone information] to any who would be willing to forward $3 (for postage, copies and manilla envelope) and their snail mail address. Pictures are worth 1,000 words (so it is said) and it is much easier to make dresses from diagrams of pattern pieces. My address is:
1941 Sixth Avenue
Greeley, CO 80631
Or......If any have some information on subjects that may be of interest to me or my household, barter and trade is a most period of professions!
[Images] [Index] [Awards]